- (2:07) Chintan talked about his undergraduate education in India at the Dharmsinh Desai University, studying Electronics & Communication.
- (2:53) Chintan recalled the most useful knowledge from his undergraduate experience.
- (3:42) Chintan explained his decision to pursue a Master degree in Communication and Signal Processing at Newcastle University in the UK.
- (5:09) Chintan discussed advanced communication systems knowledge he learned during his Master.
- (6:25) Chintan talked about his decision to continue his academic journey with a Ph.D. in Underwater Acoustic Communication at Newcastle University.
- (8:15) Chintan went in depth to explain the study of Underwater Acoustic Communication and how it is different from normal communication systems.
- (11:45) Chintan discussed his Ph.D. thesis on applying Bayesian theorem for Turbo coding to solve signal processing problems under the water.
- (15:00) Chintan elaborated on the benefits of doing a Ph.D. degree.
- (19:01) Chintan mentioned the importance of collaboration in the academic community.
- (20:18) Chintan talked about his Post-Doc experience at University of Illinois Urbana Champaign.
- (22:00) Chintan discussed his next career step moving back to the UK working as a digital communication engineer at Schlumberger, a big company in the oil and gas industry.
- (27:30) Chintan characterize datasets that are particular to oil and gas.
- (28:58) Chintan examined the technique of vibration analysis in his work.
- (31:23) Chintan next landed a role as a Software Engineer at a company called SmartFocus in London.
- (34:52) Chintan mentioned the best resources he used to learn machine learning and data science.
- (36:51) Chintan recalled his experience searching for a data science job.
- (38:02) Chintan briefly went over the interesting projects that he has involved with at Avanade, his current employer.
- (40:34) Chintan talked about his recent transition from a Senior Data Scientist role to a Manager in Advanced Analytics role.
- (43:35) Chintan shared his view about the data science community in London.
- (44:44) Closing segments.
His Contact Info:
His Recommended Resources: