- (2:10) Jon reflects on his academic career and explained why he pursued an advanced degree in Biology. He also went over his post-doc fellowship at Cancer Research UK.
- (4:45) Jon discusses the zebra-fish project he worked on during his post-doc research at King’s College London.
- (8:13) Jon talks about the developmental biology work he did at the embryology lab at University College London.
- (10:00) Jon explains why biological data are noisy.
- (10:58) Jon explains his motivation behind his transition from academia to industry.
- (15:04) Jon’s advice for Ph.D. students and post-doc researchers who want to make a similar transition.
- (16:20) Jon talks about his freelance data science project to build a recommendation systems aiming at women struggling with Type 2 diabetes.
- (21:32) Jon talks about his experience running his data science consultancy business.
- (25:32) Jon’s advice to improve data storytelling skill.
- (26:59) Jon presents a high-level overview of his company Pivigo.
- (31:11) Jon talks about his role as Pivigo’s Head of Data Science.
- (34:50) Jon goes over the industries that are Pivigo’s clients.
- (36:30) Jon goes over the skills that data science talents need to develop.
- (37:53) Jon’s advice to transition from individual contributor to manager.
- (41:51) Jon mentions the talks he gave recently at O’Reilly Strata Data Conference in London.
- (46:48) Closing segment.
His contact info:
His recommended resources: